Today I’m going to show you how to make bacon. This is a totally homemade bacon recipe using pork belly that you can buy at your local supermarket, butcher or warehouse store. All you need are a few ingredients, so let’s get to it!
Smoked Homemade Bacon
- 3-4 pounds pork belly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Juniper Berries
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink curing salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Mix together dry cure ingredients.
- Place pork bellies in a casserole dish and coat with dry cure on all four sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one week (to cure).
- After a week, scrape off the excess cure into the trash.
- Set your smoker to 200 F.
- After about 2 hours, the internal temperature should reach 150F. Remove from the smoker.
- Cut into strips and fry in a pan, as needed. Enjoy!