Smoked Beer Can Chicken
My smoked beer can chicken recipe gets its moisture and flavor from the beer, which infuses the meat during the slow cooking process. This recipe makes use of my delicious lemon-herb marinade, and I’m using parsley for the herb today. Hope you enjoy this recipe for smoked beer can chicken. It’s a good one!
- 1 whole chicken
- Dried sage
- 1 can beer
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon Herb Marinade:
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, parsley or tarragon
- 1 lemon
- ⅛ cup white wine, optional
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat smoker to 220 F.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry. Sprinkle dried sage into the cavity.
- Pull skin away from meat and rub marinade under the breast and thighs, and over the top of the bird. Sprinkle chicken with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place chicken cavity upright on the beer can (a beer can chicken stand assists with this) and place on the smoker.
- Smoke for 2-3 hours, basting halfway with melted butter. Serve!
Recipe and video by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com