Serve this easy shallot mignonette recipe on raw oysters. Photo by Veronica Hill.
This shallot mignonette recipe goes well with fresh shucked oysters, alongside grated horseradish, lemon wedges and cocktail sauce. Try it at your next dinner party!
Serving fresh oysters: After buying live oysters from your market, be sure to scrub them well under running water before serving. Fresh oysters keep about 5 days in the refrigerator, covered in a damp towel or cloth.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix ingredients for shallot sauce and reserve in a ramekin.
- Before serving, allow flavors to meld for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com