Sauteed Green Beans Recipe
This fresh sautéed green beans recipe is lightly sauteed and seasoned with garlic and shallots. When cooking green beans, don’t leave them on the heat too long.
- 1 small bunch fresh green beans
- ¼ cup sea salt
- 6 cups rapidly boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree (or 1 crushed clove of garlic)
- ⅛ cup sherry wine
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- First wash the bunch of green beans and pat dry. Remove the tough stem ends.
- In a pot, add the sea salt to the rapidly boiling water.
- Blanch the green beans for about 5 minutes, covered. Next blanch the green beans in a bowl of ice water. (This stops the cooking process and keeps the green beans bright green).
- While the green beans are chilling, get the rest of your ingredients together.
- Preheat your pan and add the olive oil, followed by the butter. Melt down. Add strained green beans and the garlic puree.
- After about 3 minutes, stir in the sherry wine and let that cook down another 2 minutes. Finally, add fresh cracked sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer the fried green beans to a serving dish.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com