Roasted potatoes are a great side dish to any meal, from Thanksgiving dinner to a romantic dinner party at home. This garlic roasted potatoes recipe will be a hit no matter what the occasion. If you can’t find the petite baby potatoes, any variety of potato will work.
- 10 small gold potatoes
- 10 small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree (or 2 cloves crushed garlic)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- A few fresh thyme sprigs (or fresh rosemary)
- Whisk the olive oil, garlic and thyme in a mixing bowl.
- Slice the potatoes in half.
- Add to the bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula so they are completed coated. Stir in salt and fresh cracked pepper. Coat well.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add potatoes to a cast iron pan or casserole dish.
- Roast 1 hour in the oven, turning after about 30 minutes. After 1 hour, the outside should be crunchy with a tender inside.
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com