Roasted Beets Recipe
This roasted beets recipe comes together quickly with just three ingredients — fresh beets, kosher salt and olive oil. Use these in my roasted beet salad with goat cheese, then saute the fresh beet greens for a great and healthy side dish.
- 6-7 beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Trim up beets, removing leaves and bottom of root. Transfer to colander and rinse well to remove dirt. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add to a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well with your hands, coating the beets.
- Sprinkle with a very generous amount of kosher salt and mix again.
- Place beets on sheet pan. Top beets with a generous amount of salt again.
- Place in oven for 1 hour. The salt should be crusty and beets will be juicy.
- Once beets are cooled, cut off the salted skin and discard.
- Cube up the beets and serve in your favorite salad, such as my beet salad with goat cheese and papayas.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com