Rice Cooker Mac N Cheese
During a recent visit to YouTube Space LA, I teamed up with the talented Beth Aweau of CookingandCrafting to make gourmet mac and cheese recipe in a rice cooker. For this rice cooker mac n cheese recipe, I used a mixture of gourmet cheeses, including blue cheese, but you can use whatever sounds good to you. Be sure to check out Beth’s recipe for fried rice in a rice cooker here!
- 2 cups cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mixed cheeses (2 ounces blue cheese)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place pasta and broth into rice cooker. Close lid and press cook on the brown rice setting.
- When rice cooker is done and turns to warm setting, add the cheese, cream and other ingredients. Stir with paddle. Close lid and allow a few minutes for cheese to melt through and heat up, around 10 minutes.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com