When fall comes around, don’t miss a chance to prepare this elegant but simple pumpkin soup recipe, prepared in a real hollowed-out pumpkin. Your guests are sure to enjoy it!
- One 3-pound pumpkin
- 6 ounces homemade croutons
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, or more as needed
- 1 quart half and half
- Wash your pumpkin and cut out a lid on top large enough for a ladle. Be sure the pumpkin has a nice stem, because you will use this as a handle. Remove the stringy fibers and seeds from inside.
- To prepare the pumpkin soup recipe, layer the inside of the pumpkin with handfuls of croutons and layers of grated cheese.
- Top with half and half, almost to the top. Season with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. 4. Add a sprig of fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon) and place lid on pumpkin.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 1 1/2 hours at 350 F. 6. Remove from the oven and stir the inside with a spoon, scraping bits of pumpkin meat into the pumpkin soup. The mixture should be thick.
Video on CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com