This Asian Potsticker Soup recipe is the perfect hearty one-pot meal for a cold day. Although this recipe for potsticker soup uses a lot of ingredients, you can simplify it by omitting the rice noodles, mushrooms and baby spinach — though we promise it tastes better with them. Feel free to add your own favorite veggies to make this soup your own!
Potstickers are a favorite weeknight meal for our two daughters, who are partial to Asian cuisine. What’s best? The potstickers come with their own signature Asian dipping sauce, so everything comes together quickly. You can find out where to buy their products here: http://bit.ly/2J79fhM If you want to mix it up from the traditional pan-fried preparation, this recipe for potsticker soup with noodles is a hearty meal in itself. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms roughly 3 cups sliced after soaking
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles cooked, drained and set aside
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 12-16 Ling Ling chicken-vegetable potstickers
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili-garlic sauce use less if you don’t like it spicy
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups mushroom broth from soaking the dried mushrooms – you can also use chicken broth instead
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Diced green onion for garnish
- Chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
- Sriracha hot sauce for garnish
- Reconstitute the shiitake mushrooms in 3-4 cups hot water for 30 minutes. Reserve 3 cups of the mushroom broth for the soup, and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cook rice noodles by boiling 8 cups water. Remove from heat. Add rice noodles and let stand 3-4 minutes. Rinse in cold water, drain and set aside until soup is ready.
- To prepare the potsticker soup, put 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the frozen potstickers in a single layer, followed by 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, and let brown.
- Add sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce, mushroom and chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce. Add the 3 cups of sliced shiitake mushrooms and the baby spinach. Bring to a boil and then simmer about 15 minutes.
- Before serving, taste for flavor and add more salt and soy sauce if desired.
- Place desired amount of cooked rice noodles in the bottom of each bowl, and top with ladles of the soup. Add 3-4 potstickers per bowl and garnish with diced green onion, chopped cilantro, and hot sauce (if desired). Serve immediately.