This Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich recipe is something I learned to make a long way back, when I was working as a cook at UCR. I’m using La Brea Bakery Torta Rolls on this sandwich, along with my signature Southwest Sauce.
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Bread such as torta rolls, hoagie rolls or French bread
- 2 16 oz. ribeye steaks sliced paper thin
- 1 large red onion sliced in rings very thin
- 1 bell pepper sliced in rings very thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic/shallot purée
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms sliced
- Clarified butter as needed
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Sliced American and Provolone cheese
- Southwest Sauce see my separate recipe
- Saute onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms with olive and seasonings of your choice until soft.
- Grill sliced steak until browned. Add sliced cheese and cover with foil or a pot lid until melted.
- Butter your bread and grill.
- Top browned bread with grilled veggies, cooked steak/melted cheese, and top with your choice of condiments.