Peppermint Bark Recipe
This peppermint bark recipe is easy to make and is the perfect gift for the holidays. Photo by Veronica Hill.
This peppermint bark recipe is one of our favorite confections to prepare for friends during the holidays. Be sure to make a few batches, as it gets eaten quickly! Following is how to make the best peppermint bark you’ve ever tasted!
- 2 packages semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages white chocolate chips
- 2-3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 box candy canes
- Place candy canes in a Ziploc bag and crush with a mallet or desired object until coarsely chopped.
- Line a shallow-lipped baking sheet with foil.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt all of the dark chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir as needed to prevent burning.
- Working quickly, spread melted chocolate evenly over the foil and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Next, in a clean saucepan, melt all of the white chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir as needed to prevent burning. After smooth, quickly stir in peppermint extract.
- Remove pan with dark chocolate and quickly spread the white chocolate mixture on top, spreading with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of white chocolate, pressing in a bit with your spatula. Put pan back into the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Break into pieces and enjoy.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com