No Knead Pizza Dough
I’d always wanted to learn how to make pizza dough, but none of the recipes I tried ever measured up. This no knead pizza dough from New York’s Sullivan Street Bakery, however, is a winner with its ease of preparation and chewy crust. This is chef Jim Lahey’s pizza dough recipe, and it’s become my go-to favorite when preparing pizzas on the grill!
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 cups water
- Once the dough has proofed overnight (roughly 18 hours) at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap, form into six squares. Fold each of the four corners into the middle, flip over, and form into a ball. Let rest, covered with plastic wrap, then form into pizza rounds.
- Top with blended mixture of : 28-ounce can San Marzano Italian tomatoes (or fresh, peeled Roma tomatoes), 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon fine sea salt. Add slices of mozzarella, basil, pecorino-romano cheese and any other toppings you enjoy!
- When ready, shape into pizza rounds and put on desired toppings. Bake on pizza stone or grill at 500-600 F until cheese is bubbly and slightly blistered.
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com