This Mushy Peas with Mint recipe is great on its own, but it’s best known as an accompaniment for fish and chips in the UK. Adding a bit of fresh chopped mint brightens the flavor for this classic side dish!
Mushy Peas with Mint
- 1 pounds frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water or more
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place peas in a saucepan with the water and cook covered over low heat for about 15 minutes. Stir in butter, mint, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Smash with a potato masher until it reaches your desired consistency, adding a little more hot water if needed. You can also use an immersion blender.