This mushroom pate recipe — also called mushroom duxelle — is an easy appetizer for your holiday parties. It is lightened up with the addition of cooling nonfat Greek yogurt, but you can easily omit the yogurt and it will still be delicious.
- 1/2 container (6 oz) nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh chopped Italian
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Garlic shallot puree or 1 shallot and 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Turn flame on medium high heat. In a saute pan, drizzle some olive oil and the butter. After butter melts, saute diced onion. Add whole mushrooms to the pan. Saute until they shrink up and are completely soft.
- Sprinkle in fresh thyme and about 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Put on lid to cook down. Remove lid and cook some more to burn off a bit more liquid.
- Add mixture to food processor. Puree into a paste and transfer to mixing bowl. Let cool. Season with fresh cracked pepper and salt.
- Fold in plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Serve on toasted baguettes and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com