Mexican Street Tacos
Down in San Diego, I’m addicted to a little restaurant called Tacos El Gordo. This Mexican street taco recipe is inspired by the restaurant. It uses steak flap meat that’s soaked in a citrus-cilantro marinade and topped with diced onions and chopped cilantro. Top this authentic street taco with my avocado salsa for the ultimate Mexican night. Good stuff!
- 4-5 pieces of steak flap meat
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fajita marinade (see my video)
- Avocado Salsa (see my video)
- Marinate the steak or chicken in my fajita marinade overnight, turning once or twice.
- Preheat grill. Grill steak or chicken until done, and cut into cubes.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat on upper rack of grill.
- Grill green onions and jalapenos on grill.
- To assemble, place a small amount of steak in each tortilla and top with chopped onions and cilantro. Garnish with my avocado salsa and enjoy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com