Lemon Marinade Recipe
This lemon marinade recipe is perfect for marinating any type of seafood, such as shrimp scampi and works great as a base for grilled Mahi Mahi or your favorite fish recipes.
To prepare grilled chicken, soak the raw breasts in this lemon herb marinade recipe for 30 minutes and prepare as desired. I think it’s WAY better than any lemon marinades on the market!
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, parsley or tarragon
- 1 lemon
- ⅛ cup white wine, optional
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1 clove minced garlic
- To begin the lemon chicken marinade or lemon fish marinade, roughly chop the cilantro and carefully remove the zest (outer yellow peel from the lemon). The zest adds a lot of flavor to this lemon marinade.
- Next, cut the lemon in half and add lemon juice to a mixing bowl.
- Add the wine, chopped cilantro and lemon zest, followed by the garlic.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the lemon garlic marinade and whisk quickly until it starts to thicken. This is called an emulsion.
- When the lemon juice marinade has thickened, let it sit about 30 minutes and then pour it over your meat.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com