Kalamata Olive Butter
This kalamata olive butter recipe, which is a type of compound butter, should have nice chunky bits of olives for a nice texture. Freeze it and slice it to serve atop your favorite grilled meats or vegetables. This olive butter spread is delicious served at room temperature over toasted sourdough bread. It’s a step above most garlic butter recipes, and I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) salted butter, softened
- 1-2 teaspoons of garlic-shallot pure (or 1-2 cloves minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- French baguette, for serving
- Mix the softened butter with the rest of the ingredients. Blend well and place on plastic wrap.
- Form into a log and keep refrigerated (or frozen) until ready for use.
- Serve this compound butter over toasted sourdough bread, or as a seasoning on your favorite grilled meats or vegetables.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com