Italian Meatballs Recipe
This recipe for Italian meatballs is easy and delicious, made with panko bread crumbs and a special blend of Italian spices. It’s one of the best meatball recipes around, and we hope you enjoy it! Pair this with my spaghetti sauce recipe (omit the meat in that recipe) or my Italian pink sauce recipe for the ultimate spaghetti and meatballs dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef, 80/20
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup diced crimini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 14 basil leaves, chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup minced proscuitto
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked fresh pepper
- Mix meatball ingredients in a large bowl, thoroughly combining.
- Form meatballs into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Put large saute pan on heat. Add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add 1 cup diced white onion. Saute for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add meatballs to onion mixture. Brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup chicken stock or water. When it comes to boil, cover and simmer 5-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove with slotted spoon to a platter.
- After removing meatballs, deglaze pan with 1/4 cup white wine or sherry wine. Stir well and reduce by half. After it reduces turn off the heat, and pour over the meatballs. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com