How to Make the Bill Murray Burger (Bill U Murray Me Burger)
When I saw the Bill Murray Burger recipe (also known as the Bill U Murray Me Burger) posted on Pornburger, I just had to try to duplicate it home. Now they didn’t exactly give a recipe, but they did give the ingredients, so I went to work on recreating this delicious sous vide burger recipe at home. What’s best? I just happened to have a brand-new Sous Vide Supreme water oven sitting on my kitchen counter.
What makes this gourmet burger special is the egg yolk and cheese tucked neatly in the center of the burger — sort of like a Juicy Lucy on steroids. Now I like my eggs over-easy, so I prepared this burger with a raw egg yolk before cooking the sous vide burgers. If you like a softer yolk, cook your eggs in the Sous Vide Supreme beforehand, in the shell, for 15 minutes at 167F. You do not need to put the eggs in the vacuum sealer; they can go straight into the water oven.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! I’m going to be making several more sous vide recipes in the coming months, so if you have a request for a certain dish, be sure to send me an email, or message me on Facebook, Instagram Google Plus or Twitter!
Bill Murray Burger Recipe – The Bill U Murray Me Burger
- 1 pound ground grass-fed beef (85-15)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 egg yolks (raw for "sunny side" style, or cooked Sous Vide for a softer yolk)
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Smoky Thousand Island Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 tablespoon Melinda's Fire Roasted Garlic Pepper Sauce (or Chipotle Tabasco Sauce), or more if desired
- To Build Burgers:
- 4 rings of sliced red onion, drizzled with olive oil
- 4 slices fresh Romaine lettuce
- 10-15 pickled jalapeño slices
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, fried
- 4-8 slices homegrown tomatoes
- 2 poppy seed hamburger buns
- Note: To cook sous vide eggs, place them in the Sous Vide Supreme for 15 minutes at 167 F. Remove immediately, discard whites, and reserve yolks for burgers.
- Season beef with Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Mix well to incorporate seasonings.
- Remove from bowl and form into two patties.
- Remove about 1/3rd from each patty. Form little bowls in each patty, add one egg yolk to egg patty, and grated cheddar cheese. Top with more ground beef and pinch to seal edges carefully.
- Place patties in their own Sous Vide bags and seal on "dry" and "gentle" setting.
- Cook in the Sous Vide Supreme at 140 F for one hour. Remove from water bath and open packets.
- On a grill preheated to high, grill onions and sear burgers about 1 minute on each side, just to get grill marks.
- To build the burger, place smoky thousand island on a poppy seed bun, coating generously. Add fresh Romaine lettuce leaves, pickled sliced jalapeño rings, 3 slices of fried applewood smoked bacon, the sous vide burger, 4 slices of fresh tomato, and charred red onion slices. Top with the bun and enjoy!
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com