Homemade Irish Cream
Around St. Patrick’s Day, Baileys Irish Cream always seems to make a comeback. This homemade Irish cream recipe is a wonderful addition to an Irish Cream Cake, added to hot coffee, or drizzled over vanilla ice cream. Be sure to watch my Irish Cream recipe video above to see how it’s done, step-by-step.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 3 /4 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Irish whiskey such as Jamesons or Bushmills
- 2 caps (1/2 ounce) brandy
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Blend eggs, chocolate syrup, vanilla and water in a blender or whip well in a mixer.
- Add condensed milk, whiskey and brandy by blending in blender quickly. Blend in unwhipped cream, just blending. Do not overmix.
- Refrigerate 24 hours. This allows the flavors to meld and helps the alcohol "cook" the egg. This will keep about 2 months in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com