Homemade Dog Food
If you’d like to serve your dog the occasional homemade meal, this healthy homemade dog food recipe from the Natural Pet Food Cookbook is a fun start. Written by Wendy Nan Rees and Kevin Schlanger, DVM, the book has dozens of natural dog food recipes perfect for any type of dog. We put “Bandit’s Beef Stew” to the test, and it was approved with enthusiasm by our shih tzu, Sugar.
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cooked corn, drained
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cooked and sliced
- 8 ounces organic tomato soup
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon brewer's yeast
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl (except for Parmesan) and pat into casserole dish. Top with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool and serve.
Tip: Corn is a controversial ingredient, so feel free to omit it in this recipe. To make this a raw dog food recipe, don't cook any of the ingredients and simple mix them together.
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com