We’ve been making this same guacamole recipe for 20 years, and it’s always amazing, whether you eat it with homemade tortilla chips, or top it on chicken taquitos or nachos. Guacamole recipes begin with nice, ripe avocados. A good trick is to see if the avocado gives slightly when squeezing it and if the stem tip easily breaks off. Feel free to add a couple cloves of crushed garlic to this recipe for guacamole make it really authentic!
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 ripe roma tomato, chopped
- Small bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapenos
- 1 fresh lime, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Mix the avocado pulp and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash well with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a teaspoon of brine from the jalapenos to add a little tang.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com