Grilling steak has never been easier. Here are a few pro tips to ensure success every time you fire up the grill.
Grilling Steak Tips
- Set one side of your grill on high heat and the other side on low heat.
- Grill steaks over high heat to sear in the flavor.
- Move steaks every minute on the diagonal to get nice grill marks, then, once both sides are seared, begin grilling steaks over low heat until they reach your desired doneness.
- To tell if your steak is done, see our entry on Cooking Perfect Steak.
Serve this recipe for grilled steak with whiskey-bourbon steak sauce.
- 1 rib eye steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Steak Sauce *see my recipe
- Using about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, coat the steak on both sides. Season to your desired taste on both sides of steak.
- Set one side of your gas grill on high heat and the other side on low heat.
- On a gas grill over high heat, sear the steak. After 1 minute, turn on the diagonal to get nice grill marks.
- Cook another minute, then flip over and repeat, making grill marks on the other side.
- Set steak over low flame on gas grill and cover until the steak is at your desired temperature. Serve with my whiskey-bourbon steak sauce, if desired.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com