Grilled Shrimp Recipe
One of my all-time favorite things to barbecue is this delicious grilled shrimp recipe, which is marinated in a delicious lemon-herb sauce and topped with melted butter. Serve these along with some grilled artichokes for a delicious seafood feast. Learn how to make it, step-by-step, with my Grilled Shrimp Recipe Video above.
- 30 shrimp (size U-21 or bigger)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 6 wooden skewers
- Garlic Butter:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree, see my recipe
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 1 hour.
- Prepare my lemon-herb marinade, substituting chopped parsley for the cilantro (if desired).
- Thaw shrimp under cold water or in the refrigerator. Place five shrimp on each skewer, moving through the tail first, and then the head area.
- Place shrimp skewers in the marinade for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- In the meantime, prepare the garlic butter by melting 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepot with the chopped parsley and garlic puree. Cook 1-2 minutes until it bubbles and remove from heat.
- Grill shrimp on the grill or barbecue for roughly 2 minutes each side, being careful of any flare-ups, which can burn the shrimp quickly. After turning once, brush with the melted garlic butter.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com