Have you ever tried grilled fish tacos? Here in Southern California, they are a staple menu item at many beach restaurants.
This mahi mahi fish taco recipe is topped with shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes and a fish taco white sauce for an authentic Baja-style taco. Be sure to top it with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and your favorite Mexican salsa. Try these with smoked mahi mahi for an extra special flavor!
I hope you enjoy these grilled fish tacos!
Grilled Fish Tacos
- 2 6- ounce pieces mahi mahi or tilapia
- 2 cups lemon herb marinade
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 fresh diced tomato
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- White sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chipotle hot sauce
- To prepare the fish tacos, first rinse thawed fish under cool water and pat dry.
- Next, place fish in a plastic bag and pour the marinade over the fish. Seal bag and mix with your hands. Marinade fish in the refrigerator no more than 30 minutes. Dice the tomato, and shred the cabbage.
- Continue this recipe for fish tacos by starting your grill. If you don’t have a grill or BBQ, you can either fry or bake your fish. After the fish is cooked, assemble your fish tacos straight away.
- Serve the grilled fish taco with my fish taco sauce. I hope you find this one of your favorite fish taco recipes!
- To prepare the fish tacos sauce, mix the above ingredients together and serves over our fish taco recipe.