Grilled Crab Legs
This recipe for grilled crab legs, served with vegetable skewers and cheesy potatoes, is perfect for an outdoor barbecue.
Be sure to thaw your frozen crab legs in the refrigerator the day before. Then, just preheat your grill to medium and baste on both sides with the garlic butter, about 5-10 minutes each side.
- 4 wild Alaskan king crab legs, thawed
- Garlic Butter Basting & Dipping Sauce:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic
- For the garlic butter, melt down butter in a saucepan over medium heat . When melted, stir in rosemary, thyme and garlic and simmer over very low heat, stirring, about 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to grill crab legs.
- Cooking Crab Legs: Quickly rinse your crab legs under cool running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Using kitchen shears, make a long slit across each leg. This will allow the basting butter to melt in while grilling, and also makes it easier to peel and eat.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Remember, we're just reheating these about 5-10 minutes max.
- Place on the grill, along with your skewer of sliced vegetables, and baste well while cooking. It may flare up a bit, but that's OK.
- After 5 minutes, turn the vegetables and crab legs and baste again. Remove from the grill.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com