Asparagus is delightful when tossed with a marinade of olive oil and lemon pepper. This recipe is wonderful served on top of your favorite salad or with pasta or grilled meats.
When choosing your asparagus for grilled asparagus recipes, look for firm stalks and tips that are tightly closed. If your lemon pepper has salt as the No. 1 ingredient, you will not need to salt your asparagus.
- 25 stalks fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- Rinse the asparagus stalks under cool running water.
- Cut off the bottom 2 inches of the stalks.
- Place asparagus in a large casserole dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, coating well.
- Preheat grill to high. To grill asparagus, place crosswise on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- For roasted asparagus, place in oven at 425 F for about 10 minutes.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com