Greek Yogurt Cake
This easy and healthy Greek yogurt cake recipe is lightened up with the addition of nonfat plain Greek yogurt. If you want a full-fat version, just replace the yogurt with sour cream, oil or butter. The cake is topped with Lemon Bird Meyer Lemon & Lavender Jam.
- 5.3 ounce nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2-4 lemons, zest removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Meyer Lemon and Lavender Jam, Lemon Curd or Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease loaf pan with butter.
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk well.
- In mixing bowl, add yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of lemon zest, followed by the eggs. Mix well.
- Whisk in dry ingredients and combine. Fold in the oil and mix again.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. When done, remove from oven and cool on a rack. To serve, spoon over some jam, lemon curd or marmalade. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com