Ginger Cookies Recipe
This recipe for ginger cookies is sure to be a favorite in your home. Photo by Veronica Hill.
Every Christmas, my step-mom Debi makes this delicious ginger cookies recipe for family and friends. These are the perfect mix of sweet, spicy and peppery — and they have the perfect chewy bite. I’m going to make a video for these soon, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream butter, sugar, molasses and egg together until fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into molasses mixture. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Shape dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until the surface of the cookies crack.
- Cool slightly, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe from Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com