My homemade fajitas, made with chicken, are all dressed up with guacamole and hot sauce on a warm corn tortilla.
This fajitas recipe is the perfect party food. Suitable for chicken or beef, the recipe begins with my easy fajita marinade. Serve the fajitas with plenty of warm corn tortillas and some of my homemade guacamole. If you’re feeling daring, my homemade habanero hot sauce tastes great on this! Otherwise regular homemade salsa or avocado salsa will do.
What I love most about this recipe for Fajitas is its versatility. I usually make up a big batch of the marinade and freeze any leftovers for another fajitas night. After marinating the chicken or steak, you’ll grill it quickly outside, then come inside to finish it off. I like to sauté everything in a pan with fresh sliced bell peppers and onions. Then, just let everyone grab a warm tortilla and put on their favorite toppings!
Fajitas Recipe (Printable)
- 1 batch of fajita marinade
- 1 lb. flap meat or boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 white onion, cut into long strips
- Place steak or chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Reserve some of the marinade for cooking in the sauté pan.
- Preheat grill on high. Place steak on grill. Wrap up corn tortillas in foil and place on top shelf of grill.
- Turn steak, cooking 5-8 minutes each side.Slice onions and bell peppers. Remove steak from grill and let it rest a few minutes. Next, cut into strips against the grain.
- Preheat a sauté pan over high heat. After 1 minute, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add peppers and onions.
- Cook 2 minutes, then add steak slices. Pour in 2 tablespoons reserved marinade and cook over high heat another minute or so. Remove from pan.
- Place a small mound of fajitas on each corn tortilla and top with fresh guacamole.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com
Fajitas Recipe (Video)