This easy fajita marinade works with either steak or chicken for the ultimate Mexican fajitas. Serve them with my fresh flour tortillas, homemade salsa and guacamole for a festive South-of-the-border treat.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch ground cloves
- 4 crushed cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 orange and 1 lemon, juiced
- Small bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in bowl, saving oil for last. Slowly whisk oil into marinade, whisking the entire time.
- Marinate 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken (or steak) in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Reserve some of the marinade for cooking.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com