Today we’re making what might be LA’s best breakfast sandwich recipe — The Eggslut Fairfax, created by Chef Alvin Cailan. It’s made with a fresh brioche bun, creamy scrambled eggs, melted American cheese, minced chives and sweet caramelized onion. It’s topped with a spicy Sriracha Mayo and yes, it’s as good as it looks!
This recipe serves one person. Here’s how to make the best breakfast sandwich recipe in LA!
Eggslut Breakfast Sandwich
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce or more to taste
For the Sandwich
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons salted Irish butter we used Kerrygold
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1 slice deluxe American cheese we used Kraft Deli Deluxe
- First, make the Sriracha mayo by mixing 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with 4 tablespoons or more of Sriracha hot sauce.
- Slice one onion into rings.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-low heat and sauté the sliced onions until they are caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- In a separate cold nonstick pan, stir 3 eggs with 1 large knob of salted butter until incorporated.
- Now turn the flame on to medium low and stir constantly until the eggs are soft and fluffy.
- Top the egg mixture with a little salt and 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives or green onions.
- Next we’re going to warm 1 slice of American cheese on the pan and put it on top of the eggs.
- Toast one brioche roll until lightly browned.
- Smear with the Sriracha mayo, top with the freshly scrambled eggs, chives aand cheese, and finally, the caramelized onions.