We were at California Adventure enjoying the start of summer, and one of the workers at Bayside Brews was kind enough to share the Disneyland Michelada Recipe!
She didn’t give exact measurements, but we went home and created it ourselves! And a worker was kind enough to confirm that you need 5 ounces of the tomato mix for each drink. If you want to spice this up, I would recommend using 5 shot glasses of Bloody Mary mix and a dash of hot sauce, and leaving out the Spicy V8.
Disneyland mostly uses Pacifico Beer and Negro Modelo in their Micheladas, which are available at the Cove Bar (renamed Lamplight Lounge), Bayside Brews in Pacific Pier and the Hollywood Lounge in Hollywood Land. At Hollywood Lounge, they sell two versions — a Spinal Fluid Michelada with mango flavors, or the traditional Backlot Michelada. They are also sold at the Uva Bar in Downtown Disney with a savory popsicle called a “Diablo Pop” on top! You can find the michelada popsicles sometimes at Costco or Whole Foods. During the Festival of Holidays, they make a Christmas Michelada with sugar on the rim. Not sure how I feel about that one!
Disneyland Michelada Recipe
- 1 bottle Pacifico
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 shots Spicy V8
- 3 shots Bloody Mary Mix
- Tajin (Mexican Spice) for the glass rim
- Lime wedge
- 1 Diablo Pop Ice Pop optional
- Cover rim of glass with fresh lime juice and coat on a plate covered in Tajin seasoning.
- Mix up the lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, Spicy V8 and Bloody Mary mix. Add beer to top of a 16 oz. plastic cup. Add a couple more limes and enjoy!