Crock Pot Baked Beans
This recipe for crock pot baked beans is a time-honored favorite in our home. It’s a semi-homemade baked beans recipe that comes together in a snap, made all the more simple with use of your slow cooker. I don’t usually pitch a brand, but Bush’s really is better than any of the other supermarket baked beans. Enjoy!
- 2 (28 oz.) cans Bush's Baked Beans
- ½ of an onion, diced
- ½ lb. smoked bacon, diced
- ½ lb. ground turkey or beef
- 14 ounce crushed tomatoes, drained
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ lb. golden brown sugar
- Saute onion and bacon in a large saute pan.
- Add ground turkey or beef to the onions and bacon, and saute until brown. Add crushed tomatoes and stir.
- Transfer ingredients to a preheated Crockpot. Stir in salt and brown sugar.
- Heat on high for 4 hours, and serve.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com