This bourbon creme anglaise recipe uses a couple tablespoons of Kentucky bourbon for added flavor, but you can easily substitute vanilla extract, or leave out the flavoring completely. Serve this recipe for Creme Anglaise over my persimmon bread pudding!
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or Kentucky bourbon
- Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan, stirring just until heated. Do not boil.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the warm milk to the eggs slowly, stirring as you pour.
- In a large saucepot, heat the mixture over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla or bourbon. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com