Country Gravy Recipe
Serve this country gravy recipe over flaky buttermilk biscuits to make the best biscuits and gravy you’ve ever tasted!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 3 cups whole milk, or more if needed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a saucepot over medium heat and melt down the butter.
- Drop in the sausage and break apart with a wooden spoon, cooking until it's browned and crumbly. After 5 minutes, stir in the flour, pepper and cayenne. Mix well for another 2 minutes, incorporating the flour into the sausage. Drop heat to medium-heat and slowly whisk in the milk to make the gravy and avoid any lumps. Whisk for about 5 minutes, or until the gravy is your desired consistency. You can add a bit more milk if you want to thin it out.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over my biscuits for an awesome country biscuits and gravy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com