Coconut Curry Chicken
This easy coconut curry chicken uses Jamaican curry powder, but you can use your favorite brand. It can be made in roughly 30-45 minutes if you have all your ingredients in place, making it the perfect choice for a weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot puree
- 3-4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-3 cups peas
- 4 carrots (sliced on bias)
- 14 oz. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Slice carrots on the bias, boil, then rinse in cold water.
- Cut the boneless chicken halves into desired size and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or saute pan, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon melted butter until slightly browned on both sides. Do not cook through all the way.
- Remove and place in a separate dish.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add diced onion, 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot puree, curry powder, cumin, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- After sauteing for a couple minutes, add 1 cup chicken stock. Stir well. Add the carrots and the coconut milk. Stir, and adjust seasoning with 2 teaspoons salt. Add chicken back to pot, and let it come to a boil. Cover and let chicken cook through, about 10 minutes. Stir in peas, if desired.
- Serve over a bed of cooked Calrose rice. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com