Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus is a spicy take on a traditional favorite.
Hey guys, today I’m going to share my wife’s awesome cilantro jalapeno hummus recipe made in my grown-up new Blendtec blender! Yes, I ditched the old Osterizer and got with modern times! This recipe for cilantro jalapeño hummus starts out with the traditional ingredients such as chickpeas, tahini and lemon juice and then gets a spicy makeover with some fresh jalapeños and a handful of fresh cilantro leaves. Hope you enjoy it!
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus Recipe (Printable)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini (or toasted sesame oil)
- 3-4 lemons, juice only
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic (or garlic shallot puree)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water or reserved juice from bean can
- 1 cup or handful of cilantro leaves
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Blend well in Blendtec on dip setting, or in food processor. Thin out with the water or reserved juice as needed.
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus Video
Pack this Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus with some fresh sliced bell peppers for a healthy bento lunch.
Add some smoked paprika or peri peri pepper powder for even more spice! Serve with pita triangles.