Chicken Marsala Recipe
Chicken marsala is one of the most popular Italian recipes made with wine. This simple chicken marsala recipe calls for marsala wine, sherry wine and fresh mushrooms. When choosing fresh mushrooms for your chicken marsala recipes, look for tightly closed caps that don’t show any gills. Don’t spend a lot of money on your cooking wines, but also don’t buy something that you wouldn’t drink straight.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8-12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- Pound the thawed chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a 13x9 casserole dish. Coat chicken breasts on both sides in flour mixture.
- For the chicken marsala sauce, heat 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 stick butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When butter is melted, add the chicken and fry each side until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add sliced mushrooms to skillet and pour the chicken marsala wine and sherry wine over the top. Simmer 10-15 minutes, covered, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with risotto and top with grilled asparagus, if desired.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com