Chicken Croissant Sandwich Recipe
A Taste of Temecula: Honey-Dijon Chicken Croissant Sandwiches from Filsinger Winery. Photo by Veronica Hill.
I first had my taste of this honey-Dijon chicken croissant sandwich recipe during the annual barrel tasting weekend in Temecula Wine Country. During the events, you can visit each participating winery and sample wines straight from the barrel or tank. Specially prepared gourmet foods compliment the wines, and this chicken croissant recipe was one of many treats we enjoyed during the day. Kathy Filsinger, one of the winery owners, was kind enough to share her delicious chicken croissant sandwich recipe with us. Each winery’s tasting room is generally open from 10-5 daily. A souvenir glass is usually included with each paid tasting.
Honey-Dijon Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs with cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed poultry spices
- 8 small croissants, sliced in half
- 1 jar Honey-Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 medium green olives with pimentos, finely chopped
- Clean chicken; dry slightly.
- Place bread crumbs, garlic powder and spices in a container. Roll
- chicken lightly in mixture.
- Put vegetable oil in bottom of frying pan, just to cover. Fry chicken about 10 minutes each side, being careful not to overcook.
- Line a 8x10 pan with sliced croissants. Line with a chicken tender between sliced croissants. Put about 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard over the chicken, then some cheese and about 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped olives.
- Place in oven for about 10-15 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve as a light lunch with a salad, or cool and cut for an appetizer or snack.
Recipe by Kathy Filsinger / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com