Serve these cheesy potatoes with my grilled king crab legs or seafood skewers! Photo by Veronica Hill.
This indulgent cheesy potatoes recipe is the perfect compliment to grilled crab legs or seafood. Give them a try. I know you’ll love ’em!
- 2 cups cream or milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs. (about 4 large) russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, for the topping
- Extra shredded Parmesan or Romano, for topping
- Cut potatoes in half, then cut into cubes. Add potatoes to rapidly boiling water.
- Melt butter in a sauce pot over low heat. Add minced garlic and stir about 2 minutes. Stir in cream.
- Bring cream to scalding point, stirring and watching so it doesn't boil. As soon as small bubbles start to form on the edge of the pot, remove the mixture from heat and set aside.
- Check potatoes after 20 minutes. They are ready when they break apart easily, about 25 minutes.
- Strain potatoes, then add back to the pot.
- Using a wire whisk, add cream to potatoes, a little bit at a time, whisking until you get the creamy consistency you want. You may not use all of the cream.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mashed potatoes into individual ramekins and place on a sheet pan, or scoop with an ice cream scooper onto a greased sheet pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle each scoop of potatoes with a little more grated parmesan and a generous sprinkling of paprika.
- Broil potatoes about 2 minutes, or until browned.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com