Cheese Omelet Recipe
One of the first things you should learn in the kitchen is how to make a cheese omelet recipe. After you get this down, you can make all sorts of cheese omelet recipes, from the classic ham and cheese omelet to a delicious mushroom-cheese or bacon cheese omelet. For something truly unique, try my Flor D’Itabo omelet, made with wild harvested yucca flowers.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- To make the cheese omelet recipe, you'll need a nonstick 10- or 12-inch omelet pan.
- In a mixing bowl, crack two eggs and whisk them well with 2 tablespoons of water and salt and pepper to taste. If you use white pepper, it will blend in.
- Next, heat your nonstick omelet pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. When a drop of water sizzles on the pan, add your egg mixture and begin using a high-heat rubber spatula to pull the egg off the sides of the pan, continuing the process until all of the egg has been cooked fairly well.
- Add 1/3 cup grated cheese to half of the omelet and flip the other side over. Let sit a few moments allowing the cheese to melt and the last bits of egg on the inside to cook through.
- Slide onto a plate and serve with your favorite breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com