Carrot Cake Recipe
This easy carrot cake recipe makes a perfect dessert for Easter, or any other occasion. If you want to add raisins or walnuts, you may need to cook it a bit longer. Just keep an eye on it after about 30 minutes or so. Hope you enjoy this easy recipe for carrot cake at your next family gathering, and don’t forget to top it with my cream cheese frosting!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups peeled and shredded carrots (6 medium carrots)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Raisins and walnuts, if desired
- Cream cheese frosting (see my video recipe)
- Mix eggs and sugar in food processor until frothy. Drizzle in canola oil. Mix another 20 seconds. Transfer to medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in carrots and flour, mixing well. Add spices and mix well. Add baking powder, soda and salt.
- Transfer batter to a lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or butter. Bake at 350 F in middle rack for 35-40 minutes.
Recipe from Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com