During our last camping trip to the Kern River, we had some pretty fun neighbors. One night, as the evening wound down, they cranked up the campfire and invited us over for an easy churro recipe they called “Kern River Crusties.” These campfire churros should be supervised by an adult, especially when heating the butter.
- 1 package of prepared biscuit dough
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- To make this easy churros recipe you'll need 1 package of prepared biscuit dough, a mixture of 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 stick of butter.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a small Tupperware.
- Grab a bit of dough (about 2 biscuits) and roll it into a ball or skinny snake-like shape.
- Place the biscuit on a campfire roaster or twist it around the roaster.
- Roast over the campfire and remove when browned and cooked through. Be careful not to burn.
- In the meantime, heat 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a pan over the campfire. Remove the cooked dough and dip in melted butter, followed by the cinnamon-sugar mix. Toss well to coat in a Tupperware or Ziploc bag.
Recipe from CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com