Butter Sauce (Beurre Blanc Recipe)
Butter Sauce, also known as beurre blanc, in France and finer restaurants, is a wonderful addition to most seafood. This lemon butter sauce uses the addition of capers to give it a nice tang, and I’ve added just a hint of coconut milk. It’s a faintly tropical sauce that goes really well on grilled fish.
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk (or substitute with heavy cream)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ lbs. softened butter, cut into cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons capers
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice, to finish (optional)
- Combine wine, chives, onion and juice from the 1 lemon in a sauce pot over medium heat. Stir until the butter sauce recipe reduces by half.
- Stir in coconut milk and heavy cream to wine butter sauce. Simmer 2-3 minutes.Lower flame to very low heat. With a wire whisk, quickly stir in softened butter, a little at a time, until all of the butter is incorporated.
- Pour the butter cream sauce through a mesh strainer.
- Season the white wine butter sauce with salt to your taste, followed by the capers and additional lemon juice if desired.
- Spoon a little sauce over your grilled fish.
- Tips: Whatever you don't use can be frozen. To thaw, simply reheat in pan and whisk well.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com