Although there are many types of breakfast sandwich recipes, my favorite is this egg sandwich recipe made with California sourdough bread, turkey bacon, thin sliced deli cheese, and plenty of hot sauce. When my wife was pregnant with both of our girls, she would eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Tips: Instead of turkey bacon, you can use regular pork bacon or sausage for your meat filling. If you want to make something over the top, use a doughnut or waffle as the bread instead of sourdough, or try English muffins and croissants.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices bacon
- Butter, softened
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 eggs
- Hot sauce
- Using room temperature butter, spread butter across each slice of bread.Cook bacon and drain.
- Scramble and cook two eggs, dividing them into two separate patties.
- Place cheese on bread. Top with bacon, sliced cheese and cooked scrambled egg. Be sure to have your pan on medium-high heat so the cheese can melt thoroughly, and the crust can get a nice crusty golden brown.
- Turn after 3 minutes, after the crust gets golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce. (We like Tapatio, Cholula, Texas Champagne and Marie Sharp's Habanero Hot Sauce.)
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com