BBQ Pork Spare Ribs
In this video, I’ll show you how to make smoked pork spare ribs using the 321 method. This BBQ Pork Spare Ribs recipe takes 6 hours to cook on my Green Mountain pellet grill but you can use any kind of smoker you like. Before starting, be sure to make a batch of BBQ Dry Rub. Plan on a full day to get the ultimate flavor from this BBQ pork ribs recipe.
- 3 racks of pork spare ribs
- Olive oil
- BBQ Pork Dry Rub (see my recipe)
- Jalapeno pepper jelly
- A few dabs of butter
- Sugar in the raw
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Apple olive oil and dry rub to three racks of pork spare ribs.
- Smoke ribs at 220 F on the pellet grill for 3 hours, flesh side up.
- Remove ribs from the smoker and wrap them in foil, pouring over a healthy dollop of jalapeno pepper jelly, a few dabs of butter, a sprinkling of sugar in the raw and 1/2 cup apple juice.
- Wrap them well and put them back on the smoker for another 2 hours to steam.
- After 2 hours, remove the foil, pour the marinade over the top, and add another healthy dose of dry rub.
- Put back into the smoker for another hour.
- After 6 hours, they may have been the best BBQ pork ribs I've ever tasted!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com