Baked Eggs in Muffin Tins Recipe
This baked eggs in muffin tins recipe is stuffed with spinach, feta cheese and bacon, making it the perfect brunch or breakfast. This recipe for baked eggs is partially inspired by Panera Bread’s baked egg soufflés, which we enjoy from time to time. Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Baked Eggs in Muffin Tins
- 12 eggs
- 12 pieces of bacon
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped and stems removed
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half & half
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Par-cook bacon at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spinach leaves and green onions.
- Remove bacon from oven.
- Preheat pan. Drizzle a bit of bacon grease inside. Saute green onion and spinach until wilted. Set aside and remove from heat.
- Whisk up 12 eggs. Add 1/4 cup cream, a couple pinches of salt and some white pepper.
- Line a muffin tin with the bacon, covering the sides and bottom of each tin. If you choose to use turkey bacon, you may have to slightly grease the muffin tin.
- Pour some scrambled egg on the bottom, top with a small bit of the spinach filling in each cup, and add more eggs, about 3/4 of the way up. Top with about 1-2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in oven at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Let rest 3-5 minutes, then remove with a rubber spatula. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com