Ahwahnee Granola Recipe
We enjoyed the Ahwahnee’s Granola each morning with Greek yogurt, a blueberry muffin and iced vanilla latte. Photo by Veronica Hill.
We just returned from an amazing three days at Yosemite’s Ahwahnee Hotel, a world-famous historic landmark known for its rustic architecture and timeless style.
While we were staying at The Ahwahnee, we enjoyed some of the best food in Yosemite, expertly prepared by Chef Percy Whatley. Their Cheddar-Ale Soup was simply amazing, as was their delicious dried fruit and nut granola, which was served atop Greek yogurt in The Ahwahnee Bar each morning.
Following is their granola recipe, so you can enjoy a little bit of Yosemite at home.
The Ahwahnee Granola Recipe
- 10 oz. oatmeal
- 4 oz. sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 oz. coarsley chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 oz. hazelnuts
- 1 oz. golden raisins
- 1 oz. purple raisins
- 1 oz. sun dried cranberries
- 1 oz. diced dates
- 1 oz. dried apricots
- 1 oz. sun dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. On separate cookie sheets, roast the oatmeal, almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts until golden brown.
- Let the toasted items cool and mix together. Next, add the raisins, cranberries, dates, apricots and cherries to the toasted mixture.
- Enjoy for breakfast with Greek yogurt.
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com