Adobo Dry Rub Recipe
This adobo dry rub recipe tastes delicious on my smoked pork tenderloin, but you can use this tasty Mexican adobo rub on all types of meat, poultry, fish and vegetables. Just coat all sides of your favorite cut of meat, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. The next day, allow it to rest for 30 minutes, then put it on the smoker or grill.
- 2 New Mexico chiles
- 2 Guajillo chiles
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons whole cumin
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Remove seeds from chiles.
- Toast all the ingredients in a large pan, breaking up the dried chiles.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes slightly charred and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and blend in a spice meal.
- Use as a rub on your favorite meats, like fish, chicken, steak, pork tenderloin or even vegetables. Enjoy!
Recipe from Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com